2022/2033 Admissions Into Certificate Programmes - Bibiani Study Centre
It is announced for the information of the general public and prospective applicants that admissions for the 2022/2023 academic year are opened at the UMaT Study Centre in Bibiani.
PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE (WEEKEND ONLY) 2022/2
- Certificate in Survey and Mapping
- Certificate in Geological Assistantship
- Certificate in Surface and Underground Mining
- Certificate in Minerals Technology
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Certificate in Plant and Maintenance
- Certificate in Welding and Fabrication
- Applicants with SSSCE: Five (5) passes (A-E) including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Applicants with WASSCE: Five (5) passes (A-E8) including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Applicants with Ordinary Level Certificate: Candidates must have five (5) passes in all subjects of GCE O Level including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Other Applicants: Candidates should be at least 20 years of age and should have any of the following: Diploma in Business Studies (DBS), Middle School Leaving Certificate (MSLC), National Vocational and Technical Institute (NVTI) Certificate, Technician Part I and II Certificate, Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) or its equivalent. In addition, the candidate must pass an interview conducted at the department.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Purchase an admission voucher (with serial number and a pin) at the cost of GHC 150.00 from any of these sales outlets: Societe Generale, UMB Bank, Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Fidelity Bank, CalBank, GCB Bank, Ecobank, UBA, and any of the Regional Post Offices across the nation.
- Visit the Admissions portal at portal.umat.edu.gh/apply.
- Log onto the Admissions Portal with the serial number and pin to complete the online application form.
- Download and print the completed form and attach the relevant documents (Birth Certificate and WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate etc).
- Label envelope with the title ‘Certificate (Bibiani)’ before postage.
- Submit your application to the address;
Academic and Student Affairs
University of Mines and Technology
P .O. Box 237
For enquiries, contact the Admissions Office through: Telephone: +233 332 097 781 or Mobile: +233 550 515 889. Email:
Submission Deadline: 31st March, 2023