ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMA (Dip.) PROGRAMMES
An applicant must satisfy any of the following:
Diploma in General Drilling
(Fee paying Programme)
- SSCE Holders: Six Passes (A-D) in all subjects which are English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Chemistry or Metal Work or Technical Drawing or Applied Electricity or Applied Electronics.
- WASSCE Holders: Passes (A1-D7) in English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science. Must possess a minimum of C6 in the following subjects: Physics, Elective Mathematics, Chemistry or Metal Work or Technical Drawing or Applied Electricity or Applied Electronics.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level credits in five (5) subjects including English language, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics; and General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level passes in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- GCE Ordinary Level Certificate with credits or SSCE with Passes in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus experience in the relevant area of study.
- City and Guilds of London Institute Part III Certificate or its equivalent in either Mechanical, Automobile, or Electrical Engineering.
- Holders of Certificate of Proficiency in General Drilling (one-year course) from University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa or a recognized institution are eligible.
- Foreign applicants with equivalent certificates and grades are eligible.
Applicants should be at least 25 years of age and should have SSSCE/ WASSCE or GCE O’ Level Certificate with credits in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a science subject with experience in the relevant area of study. Applicants must pass a written examination and /or an interview. Mature applicants must also possess birth certificates which are, at least, five (5) years old after the date of issue.