DOWNLOAD THE UMaT ICT POLICY BELOW...
This document defines the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy of the University of Mines and Technology (UMaT), Tarkwa. The purpose of the UMaT ICT Policy is to:
- Provide guidelines and standards to guide users and decision makers in the development and use of ICT Resources.
- Ensure that ICT resources are used efficiently and appropriately in support of teaching, learning, research and administrative functions of the University.
- Ensure that ICT resources are secured and protected against abuse, damage, loss or theft.
This Policy shall be publicised through a number of channels. These include:
- ICT training of staff and students.
- Orientation programmes for new staff and students.
- UMaT staff and student mailing lists.
- The University's website.
- New users subscribing to UMaT Email facility.
The rules in this document are mandatory upon all users of the University's ICT resources. Users are responsible for making themselves familiar with the rules and regulations governing ICT resources and services.