HOW CAN YOU PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST CORONA VIRUS INFECTION?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap under running water.
- Use alcohol hand rub when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Keep a distance of at least one step (1 metre) from a person showing signs of fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
- Do not touch eyes, mouth or nose with unwashed hands.
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs.
- Be physically active, eat well, drink plenty of fluids, reduce stress and have enough sleep.
In addition to the above control measures, UMaT Staff, Students and Visitors are advised to observe the following:
- Proper wearing of nose masks (meaning to cover both nose and mouth)
- Regular use of hand sanitizers and hand washing with soap under running water.
- Regular disinfection of surfaces and rooms with alcohol/hypochlorite solution by sanitary staff.
- Provision of hand washing facilities and sanitizers at gatherings.
- Screening for high temperature with a thermometer gun MUST to pick high temperature individuals for further screening. All Staff, Students and Visitors to UMaT Campuses MUST allow themselves to be taken through the screening.
Lecture Halls, Library, Examination Halls and UMaT Basic School
- Provision of Veronica Buckets, Tissues Papers and hand sanitizers at the entrance of all Lecture Halls, Halls of Residence for Students, Library, Examination Halls and the UMaT Basic School.
- “NO MASK, NO ENTRY” must be posted at the entry points to all Lecture Halls, Library, Examination Halls, Halls of Residence for Students, Offices and the UMaT Basic School.
- Regular disinfection of places on campus other than the places mentioned above is recommended.
Eating and Social Areas
- Food Vendors on campus must obtain clearance from the UMaT Clinic to operate on campus and go for periodic COVID-19 screening at the Clinic.
- Students and Staff are encouraged to space themselves out at food vending stations and social areas to prevent crowding.
CONTACTS FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE ON COVID-19: 0200439013, 0244624402, 0240251254