- Diploma in General Drilling (Fee paying Programme)
An applicant must satisfy any of the following:
- WASSCE Certificate:
- Passes (A1-D7) in English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science.
- Must posses a minimum of C6 in the following subjects: Physics, Elective Mathematics, Chemistry or Metal Work or Technical Drawing or Applied Electricity or Applied Electronics.
- SSSCE Certificate:
- Six (6) Passes (A-D) in all subjects which are English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Chemistry or Metal Work or Technical Drawing or Applied Electricity or Applied Electronics.
- GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Certificates:
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level Certificate credits in five (5) subjects including English language, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics; or General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level passes in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- City and Guilds
- City and Guilds of London Institute Part III Certificate or its equivalent in either Mechanical, Automobile, or Electrical Engineering.
- Holders of Certificate of Proficiency in General Drilling (one-year course)
- from University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa
- or a recognised institution are eligible.
- Mature Applicants:
- Applicants should be at least 25 years of age and should have SSSCE/WASSCE or GCE O’ Level Certificate with credits in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a science subject with experience in the relevant area of study. Applicants must pass a written examination and /or an interview.
- Mature applicants must also possess birth certificates which are, at least, five (5) years old after the date of issue.
International applicants: with equivalent certificates and grades are eligible.