There are two levels of Master’s programmes in the University: MSc and MPhil.
(a) Master of Philosophy (MPhil) based on research with limited taught courses.
(b) Master of Science (MSc) based on a combination of taught courses and research.
MSc, MPhil AND MBTM PROGRAMMES
- MSc/MPhil in Geomatic Engineering
- MSc/MPhil in Geological Engineering
- MSc/MPhil in Mining Engineering
- MSc/MPhil in Minerals Engineering
- MSc/MPhil in Petroleum Engineering
- MSc/MPhil in Environmental Engineering (Weekend)
- MSc/MPhil in Occupational Health and Safety (Weekend)
- MSc/MPhil in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc/MPhil in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- MSc/MPhil in Computer Science and Engineering
- MSc/MPhil in Mathematics
- MSc Engineering Management
- Master of Business and Technology Management with options in
*Finance and Investment
* Supply Chain Management
* Management Information Systems
* Strategic Human Resource Management
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - MSc/MPhil ENGINEERING PROGRAMMES (1-7)
- Applicants must have a BSc Degree (Second Class Lower Division or better) in the relevant discipline or related Engineering programme from a recognised University, which are adjudged suitable by the Departmental Board.
- Holders of UMaT Diploma in the relevant discipline who have at least five (5) years professional experience with proven ability in their disciplines are eligible to apply.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR OTHER MASTER’S PROGRAMMES (8-13)
MSc/MPhil in Mathematics (with Specialisation in Computational Mathematics/Statistics/Financial Engineering).
- Applicants must have a BSc Degree (Second Class Lower Division or better) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering and Physical Sciences from a recognised University.
- Applicants who do not satisfy (i) above but have degrees in Mathematics, Statistics with Economics, any Engineering field or other related physical sciences and are adjudged suitable by the Departmental Board may be interviewed.
Master of Business and Technology Management / MSc Engineering Management
(This is a weekend programme)
- Applicants must have a BSc Degree (Second Class Lower Division or better) or its equivalent in Business, Social or Physical Sciences, Technology and Engineering related programmes.
- Applicants with UMaT Diploma in Earth Sciences, who have at least five (5) years professional experience with proven ability in their disciplines are eligible to apply.
Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree (Third Class/Pass) with relevant industrial experience in the field may be considered by some Departments for admission for the MSc/MPhil programmes after passing an interview.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
Full-time: A max. of 2 academic years Full-time: A max. of 3 academic years
Part-time: A max. of 3 academic years Part-time: A max. of 4 academic years
All international applicants must have:
i. Proficiency in English language.